Green Smoothies have been quite ‘fashionable’ for awhile. Love em or hate em, they look like they are here to stay.
I just want to make it clear – we should be able to get plenty of vitamins, minerals and Omega 3’s from our foods. In this busy world though, it can be hard to make time and so having a smoothie with vegies in it can be pretty useful way to stay healthy. It’s also a bit of fun……so if you enjoy making them – why not!
If you are bit scared about having greens in a smoothie and are worried about taste – adding a small piece of fruit or coconut water takes out the bitterness. Maca Powder and a little bit of honey also do that.
So here’s the Green Smoothie Recipe I have been making lately:
- Large handful of greens like spinach or kale (just the leaves – not the stalks)
- 100-200mls plain coconut water (100mls makes it a bit thicker)
- 1 small banana (frozen or chilled in the fridge)
- 1 tsp LSA seed mix (linseed, sunflower, almond mix). Chia seeds work well too
- 1 teaspoon honey (optional)
- ½ – 1 tsp maca powder (optional)
- ½ -1 tsp spirulina (optional)
Throw it all in the blender and whizz for a minute or two and it’s done
This recipe is for one large glass. Enjoy x