Sometimes we all need a bit of recipe inspiration. Not necessarily the MasterChef variety, just something simple, easy and quick we can whip up.
So if your food mojo needs a bit of a kick up the pants, you’ll like our recipe of the month. It’s Rocket, Parmesan and Sun-Dried Tomato salad and we adapted it from a good-old fashioned Women’s Weekly recipe. It takes 10 minutes and that’s all. Hooray!
Rocket, Parmesan and Tomato Salad Recipe
- Big pile of green salad leaves (baby rocket works well but if you don’t have any just use any greens). About 100-200g will do it
- 40g sun-dried/semi-dried tomatoes (you can also use cherry tomatoes or roasted beetroot)
- 30g parmesan cheese, grated
- 2-3 tablespoons of roasted nuts. Pine nuts or pumpkin seeds work well (to roast just toss them in a non-stick pan on medium heat til lightly browned)
- 1 tablespoon balsamic vinegar
- 1 tablespoon olive oil (or your choice of another oil you like)
- Throw everything in a bowl – too easy!
- This could serve 1-4 people, depending on how hungry you are