This recipe is a combo of a bunch of different slices and muesli bar recipes I have dabbled with.
It’s very tasty, based on whole foods and loads more filling (and possibly cheaper) than a store bought muesli bar.
So if you are after a snack type food that you can bake, then you might be interested to try this one.
Muesli Slice Recipe
- 3 cups of rolled oats
- 2 1/2 cups of shredded coconut
- 2 cups of of dried fruit (raisins, sultanas, dates and cranberries all work well). Add more nuts & seeds and use less fruit if you don’t like too much sweetness
- 2 tbls of seeds like LSA mix, chia or sunflower seeds
- 1 tsp of cinnamon
- 1/4 – 1/3 cup of honey, agave or rice syrup. Or if you prefer 2-4 tsp of stevia powder
- 1/4 cup coconut oil , olive oil or butter
- 1-2 tbls of hot water
- 3 eggs
1: Grease and line a baking tray.
2: Beat eggs in a bowl and leave to the side.
3: Mix the dry ingredients in a bowl first (oats, coconut, fruit, seeds and cinnamon).
4: Mix the wet ingredients in a separate bowl (honey/sweetener, oil & water).
5: Combine all together and then add the eggs. Mix well. If it’s still a bit dry add a little extra oil or hot water.
6: Pour the mix into the baking tray.
7: Bake for about 30 minutes.
8: Once cooked and cooled a little you can cut into small pieces – in whatever size you like