Well it’s well and truly time for Part 2 of Winter Warmers.
These little egg muffins don’t need much of an introduction. They are warm, filling and can be eaten for breakfast, lunch or dinner.
I find them a handy little thing to add in for lunches during the week – a little more exciting and warming that a sandwich! I decided to make this particular combo as I had some leftover roasted pumpkin.
Onto the recipe…
Egg, Pumpkin, Spinach and Feta Muffins (makes 12 small muffins)
- 6 or 7 eggs, whisked with a fork (depends on size)
- Large handful of baby spinach leaves
- 2 handfuls of chopped pumpkin (pre boiled or roasted). It’s best to chop them into 1cm cubes if you can
- 50 – 100g of feta cheese, crumbled
- Pre – heat oven to 180 degrees (C)
- Grease muffin cases / tray
- Throw everything in a bowl and whisk together with a fork
- Spoon mixture into muffin cases
- Bake for about 15 minutes
- Serve with a small slice of bread and side salad (optional)
Tip: Feel free to change the ingredients. Ham, cheddar cheese, mushrooms, broccoli and grated zucchini all work well.