Are you working in private practice? How often are you taking part in formal self-reflection on your cases?
We know running a business is pretty hectic and Dietitians (and other allied health too) are constantly rushing from one place to the next. So it makes sense our reflective practice skills can go out the window in the process!
We get it. You’re busy and hopping from client to client and perhaps your logging of professional development happens one day before your annual membership expires. Today’s post will hopefully give you some food for thought on why it’s worth getting board with formally reflecting on your clinical cases. Continue reading
There is a growing body of evidence investigating the impact of social media on our mental health. As Dietitians, we need to be aware of this research and how it might be affecting our patients and clients’ health. A recent interesting study on selfies is a great place to start if you’re new to this knowledge area. Continue reading
Every year, as we approach Christmas the same questions come up from clients and all over the media:
- “How can I avoid overeating?”
- “Everyone is always talking about their diets. I feel guilty. I just want to eat want I want”. “What should I eat on Christmas Day?”
- “I don’t want to put on weight but…..”
- “How do I eat healthy over the holidays?”
- “I’ve gained a lot of weight. What will they think?”
So what’s the answer How can we be “healthy” over Christmas? Continue reading