Hello ♥ Welcome to SOL nutrition co.
I'm Christina. I’m an Accredited Practising Dietitian specialising in both Eating Disorders and Mindfulness. I've been using The Non-Diet Approach, HAES ® and weight-inclusive philosophies in my clinical dietetic practice for some time. I'm also currently working hard to incorporate what we now know about trauma and it's effects on chronic disease development into my skillmix.
* I believe everyone has a right to enjoy a happy relationship with food
* I also believe we all deserve to feel good within our bodies and live with ease
I founded the SOL nutrition clinic in beautiful Byron Bay, Australia about 8 years ago. At the time, I had a clear aim – to help people change their eating based on scientific evidence but to do it with a whole load of warmth and compassion - just like the sun!
Over the next few years, the clinic grew from ONE to MANY across towns in Northern NSW Australia with a focus on Non-Diet Nutrition. In the process I became an employer and a franchise owner with lot's of great achievements and [gulp] learnings along the way ;)
I still have a [very] small caseload of clients I see in clinic in Byron Bay and run the SOL mindful eating program. However, most of my time these days is spent teaching into the dietetic program at Bond University on the Gold Coast.
This year, SOL, (which by the way, means the sun in Spanish) is taking a whole new direction. Myself, with the support of some other cool peeps will be supporting Dietitians to develop their own weight-inclusive practice skills and private practice management know-how with a touch of ‘SOL’!
Our focus will be:
If you are a Dietitian and you need to A) "up your skills" and knowledge B) start using the non-diet approach OR C) feel connected with like-minded Dietitians, then we can help!
- Masters degree in Nutrition & Dietetics (Uni of Sydney)
- Accredited Practising Dietitian – I’ve now been practising for almost 19 years - yikes!
- Member, Dietitians Association of Australia
- Member, Australian and New Zealand Academy for Eating Disorders
- Member, Center for Mindful Eating (United States)
- International Member of the Academy of Nutrition and Dietetics (United States)
- I am currently applying for Verified Provider status with Health At Every Size (HAES) ® Australia
- I’ve completed trainings in, and my clinical practice is largely informed by:
- Social Justice and the hundreds and hundreds of health practitioners who have developed this work over many years
- Mindfulness Based Stress Reduction (MBSR)
- Mindfulness Based Eating Awareness (MB-EAT)
- Non-Diet and Health At Every Size ® approaches
- Acceptance and Commitment Therapy &
- Motivational Interviewing
- I have also trained in Family Based Therapy (FBT) and Cognitive Based Therapy Enhanced (CBT-E) so have a strong awareness of these and where they work in alignment (and against) Non-Diet and HAES ® approaches.
- My dietetic CV is super broad having past and current experience in:
- Acute Hospitals and Community Health Centres
- Public Health and Community Development (including Aboriginal Health)
- Private Practice
- Clinical Education and Clinical Supervision
- Lecturing in University Land