Hello ♥ Welcome to SOL nutrition co.
I'm Christina. I’m an Accredited Practising Dietitian and have a special interest in Eating Disorders. I've been using The Non-Diet Approach and weight-inclusive principles in my clinical dietetic practice for some time. I'm also currently working hard to incorporate what we now know about trauma and it's effects on chronic disease development into my skillmix.
* I believe everyone has a right to enjoy a happy relationship with food
* I also believe we all deserve to feel good within our bodies and live with ease
I founded the SOL nutrition clinic in beautiful Byron Bay, Australia about 10 years ago. At the time, I had a clear aim – to help people change their eating based on scientific evidence but to do it with a whole load of warmth and compassion - just like the sun!
Over the next few years, the clinic grew from ONE to MANY across towns in Northern NSW Australia with a focus on Non-Diet Nutrition. In the process I became an employer and a franchise owner with lot's of great achievements and [gulp] learnings along the way ;)
Most of my time these days is spent teaching into the dietetic program at Bond University on the Gold Coast. I am currently the Clinical Lead for the dietetic program there.
Support for Dietitians
The main focus of my work is supporting other Dietitians to develop their own weight-inclusive practice skills and private practice management know-how - with a touch of ‘SOL’!
I do this through group clinical supervision and mentoring.
So if you are a Dietitian and you need to A) "up your skills" and knowledge B) start using the non-diet approach OR..... C) feel connected with like-minded Dietitians, then I can help!
Support for Community Members
I run an online mindful eating program for folks who would like to develop a healtheir (and happier) relationship with food. It's called SOL food and you can check it out here.
I also see clients living with an Eating Disorder in my virtual (online) clinic. If that sounds like you, please click here for a bit more info.
- Masters degree in Nutrition & Dietetics (Uni of Sydney)
- Accredited Practising Dietitian – I’ve now been practising for 20 years - yikes!
- Member, Dietitians Association of Australia
- Member, Australian and New Zealand Academy for Eating Disorders
- Member, Center for Mindful Eating (United States)
- International Member of the Academy of Nutrition and Dietetics (United States)
- Verified Provider Health At Every Size (HAES) ® Australia
- I’ve completed trainings in, and my clinical practice is largely informed by:
- Social Justice and the hundreds and hundreds of health practitioners who have developed this work over many years
- Mindfulness Based Stress Reduction (MBSR)
- Mindfulness Based Eating Awareness (MB-EAT)
- Non-Diet and Health At Every Size ® approaches
- Acceptance and Commitment Therapy &
- Motivational Interviewing
- I also have Eating Disorders specific training in Family Based Therapy (FBT) and Cognitive Based Therapy Enhanced (CBT-E) so I have a strong awareness of these and where they work in alignment (and against) Non-Diet and HAES ® approaches.
- My dietetic CV is super broad having past and current experience in:
- Acute Hospitals and Community Health Centres
- Public Health and Community Development (including Aboriginal Health)
- Private Practice
- Clinical Education and Clinical Supervision
- Lecturing in University Land