Do you need personalised nutrition & dietary advice but just can't get to appointments?
Well, thanks to Skype many of our SOL Dietitians can now offer you appointments wherever you live. Hooray!
- Your first appointment will generally take 1 hour with any follow up appointments taking ½ hour.
- At your first appointment, your Dietitian will take a detailed history from you finding out what medical conditions you have, any medications or supplements you take and chat more about food and YOU!
- We also like to find out about your overall wellness so that's things like how much sleep you get and any difficulties with stress or exercise you may have. Additionally, we'll ask you what you'd like to achieve - that is, what is your health goal?
- They will then complete a full diet and nutritional assessment and support you to make practical and achievable advice to improve your health and well being. All advice we offer is client centred. That is, we work with you based on what you want - not tell you what to do and eat!
- Where required, your Dietitian will email you through any supporting nutrition reports and action plans.
Step 1 - Make sure you are set up for Skype
- You'll need a good quality, fast internet connection
- You'll need to download Skype on your computer. You can do this via the Skype website here.
Step 2 - Secure your appointment
Search for and make contact with a Dietitian in your local area HERE. They will then personally confirm an appointment for you.
Is my appointment covered under Medicare or Private Health?
Unfortunately Medicare does not cover Skype consultations. Some private health funds cover Skype consultations. However. it's best to check with your particular fund before booking. If you live outside Australia it's unlikely you will be covered by your health fund. All our Dietitians are Australian Accredited Practising Dietitians.
How many appointments will I require?
Everyone is different. Some people just need one appointment to get ideas, support and get on track with health. Other folks require weekly or monthly appointments. Following completion of a pre-appointment questionnaire, we'll have much more of an idea of your personal situation and can help you plan out your appointments.
Do I require a doctors referral?
Although helpful, Dietitians don't require a referral to see you. If you have any recent blood or test results, please email them through to your Dietitian prior to your first appointment. If you live in Australia, your Dietitian will also be able to liaise with your local medical practitioner if required.
To book your appointment
Make contact with a Dietitian in your local area HERE. They will then personally confirm an appointment for you.