information for dietitian referrals
A variety of diet and nutrition services are offered by SOL for the community
- 1:1 Dietetic Consultations at clinic locations across many regions of Australia
- Type 2 Diabetes Group Education Programs (medicare rebates and bulk billed options)
- A home visit service for clients with limited mobility
- Services to aged care facilities
Each Dietitian at SOL has a special interest area. Therefore there are many health conditions we can assist community members with to maintain dietary changes. For further information on the kinds of patients or clients we can help, please see our health conditions section & recommended nutrition websites
Why choose SOL?
We strive to keep our health and community professionals up to date on their patient or client’s progress.
- Individualised, holistic & evidence based dietary advice
- extended appointment times
1hr initial appointments
½ hr review appointments
- short waiting lists
- guaranteed written feedback to referrers within 48 hours of a client’s first and final appointments
- where possible bulk billing and discounted consultations for pensioners and health care card holders
Although we don’t require a referral, we appreciate them as it enables us to provide the best possible advice for our clients.
We welcome taking part in Medicare Team Care Arrangements for clients with chronic medical conditions and we also take DVA referrals.
Don’t forget DVA Gold Card Members are eligible for free Dietetic Services
How to refer
Referrals can be made via by fax, phone or email.
To contact a Dietitian in your local area and make a referral, head to our Find a Dietitian section.