You’re not alone. It’s such a common complaint from busy working folks.
Well, here is something new (and easy) for you try.
It’s our recipe of the month, Mexican Baked Potato. These can be eaten as a snack or a meal (bonus!)
Mexican Baked Potato Recipe
- 4 large potatoes or 2 sweet potato
- 1 cup eggplant (aubergine) cut into cubes
- 1-2 tsp of olive oil
- 1/2 green capsicum (pepper), diced
- 1 large onion, diced
- 2 cloves garlic, crushed
- 1 cup corn kernels or a 140g can
- 400g can red kidney beans, rinsed, drained
- 550g bottle tomato pasta sauce or 400g of tinned tomatoes
- 2 tbls chopped fresh parsley, dill and/or cheddar cheese (optional)
- Cook potatoes in the oven (you will need to pre-heat it to 200°C). Aim for about 40-50 minutes or until soft.
- Heat oil in a fry pan. Then cook eggplant, capsicum and onion until they are softened. Then add the garlic and cook for 1 minute. Add corn, kidney beans and tomato sauce. Bring to the boil. Simmer for a couple of minutes.
- Make a ‘criss-cross’ cut on top of the potatoes and scoop the cooked mixture onto each potato
- Once finished sprinkle with parsley, dill and/or cheese
- OTHER OPTIONS – Another fun option is to slice the potato and lightly fry in olive oil to make potato nachos (like pictured in our photo). You can also team with sour cream or avocado