Hello there ♥ and welcome to SOL nutrition
I believe everyone has a right to enjoy a happy relationship with food
I also believe our body size does not dictate our health AND we all deserve to feel good within our bodies.
I founded the SOL nutrition clinic in beautiful Byron Bay, Australia about 8 years ago. At the time, I had a clear aim – to help people change their eating based on scientific evidence but to do it with a whole load of warmth and compassion - just like the sun!
I still have a [very] small caseload of clients I see in clinic in Byron Bay and run the SOL mindful eating program. However, most of my time these days is spent teaching into the dietetic program at Bond University on the Gold Coast.
How Can We Help?
This year, SOL, (which by the way, means the sun in Spanish) is taking a whole new direction. Myself, with the support of some other cool peeps will be supporting Dietitians to develop their own non-diet clinical skills and private practice management with a touch of ‘SOL’!
Our focus will be:
If you are a Dietitian and you need to "up your skills" , start using the non-diet approach or even just be connected with like-minded Dietitians, then we can help!
Oh – in case you need it - the formal stuff - Memberships and Credentials
- Masters degree in Nutrition & Dietetics (Uni of Sydney)
- Accredited Practising Dietitian – I’ve now been practising for almost 19 years - yikes!
- Member, Dietitians Association of Australia
- Member, Australian and New Zealand Academy for Eating Disorders
- Member, Center for Mindful Eating (United States)
- I am currently applying for Verified Provider status with Health At Every Size (HAES) ® Australia
- I’ve completed trainings in, and my clinical practice is largely informed by Mindfulness Based Stress Reduction (MBSR), Mindfulness Based Eating Awareness (MB-EAT), Acceptance and Commitment Therapy and Motivational Interviewing. I have also trained in Family Based Therapy (FBT) and Cognitive Based Therapy Enhanced (CBT-E) so have a strong awareness of these and where they work in alignment (and against) non-diet and Health At Every Size ® approaches.
I’m looking forward to connecting with you!
Are you a community member looking for a Dietitian?
Never fear. If you’re a member of the general public and you’ve found your way here looking for a rad Dietitian to help you change your health (without being on a “DIET’), then click here and you can search for someone close to you.