Black Tahini is made from black sesame seeds. In tahini, black sesame seeds are a significant source of calcium and zinc.
Up until this week I had not tasted it let alone cooked anything with it. However I was lucky enough to receive a sample to try from the lovely crew from Mayver’s. If you haven’t heard of Mayver’s. They are a whole foods or “pure-state” company. Their foods have no added anything. With regards to the Black Tahini that just means it contains crushed black sesame seeds and that’s it!
Next question…what could I make with Black Tahini?
Well. Thanks to google I came across some cool recipes to try. The one I’d like to share is actually based on a Mayver’s one: Black Tahini Bruschetta. Keep reading on past the recipe as we have some exciting news!
Here it is… Black Tahini Bruschetta
- 2 tomatoes, thinly sliced
- 3 tablespoons of Black Tahini
- Handful of chopped chives
- 100g of feta cheese (I used Danish)
- 1 lemon
- 6 Ryvitas (you can also use pumpernickel bread)
- 50-100g smoked salmon
- Squeeze a generous amount of lemon juice over the top of the tomatoes and leave to the side
- Break the Ryvitas in half
- Spread Tahini over the ryvita pieces then crumble the feta cheese on top of each
- Sprinkle the chives over them next along with a small piece of tomato
- Then pop a small piece of salmon over the top
- Squeeze lemon juice over the top
Now something special…..
Entries close 5pm, Sunday 15th December. Only open to Australian residents.
No payment was received for this product review. A sample was provided by the company for the purposes of taste testing.